Mulligatawny Soup - Betty Crocker's Recipe - Cooking Index
|1||Broiler-fryer chicken - cut up|
|1 teaspoon||5ml||Curry powder|
|1 teaspoon||5ml||Lemon juice|
|1/8 teaspoon||0.6ml||Ground cloves|
|1/8 teaspoon||0.6ml||Ground mace|
|2 tablespoons||30ml||Margarine or butter|
|1 tablespoon||15ml||Onion, chopped - (about 1/2 cup) (medium)|
|2||Tomatoes - chopped (medium)|
|1||All-purpose apple - coarsely chopped (large)|
|1||Carrot - thinly sliced (medium)|
|1||Green bell pepper - cut into 1/2-inch pi (medium)|
1. Heat chicken, giblets (except liver), neck, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven.
2. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until juices of chicken run clear.
3. Remove chicken from broth. Cool chicken about 10 minutes or just until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
4. Skim fat from broth. Add enough water to broth, if necessary, to measure 4 cups.
5. Heat margarine in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion in margarine about 2 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in flour.
6. Gradually stir in broth. Add chicken, tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
7. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until carrot is tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Betty Crocker's Cookbook
9.5 (2 votes)
Submit your rating:Click a star to rate this recipe.